Hi everyone,

I have built a tx and a rx grc flowchart for OFDM using USRP. I found the
range of the amplitude of the input is fairly small in order to get it
working (i.e., the USRP at the rx end can successfully decode the packets.)
 I wound if anyone can share some thoughts about this? I've been stuck here
for several days.

To quantify the packet reception performance, I modified digital.crc32_bb
so that even when the crc test fails, the wrong packet is still fed to the
output. In this way, I can evaluate the packet error rate (PER). Through my
test, I found the const in multiply_const in the tx part (which corresponds
to amplitude adjustment) needs to be (0.05, 0.025). In this range, the PER
can be 0. However, when the const value increases, for example, to 0.06.
the PER is around 0.0044. When we further increase the const value to 0.08,
the PER is above 10% or even higher. I guess this is probably because the
input signal amplitude of the USRP needs to be in a certain working range.
However, it seems to me this range is too small. Besides, how can I find
some numerical statistics about the amplitude limitation? On the other
hand, if the amplitude is decreased to 0.02, many packets will be failed to
synchronize. But I do observed that the packets successfully synchronized
are also correctly decoded. In other words, the PER is still 0, but the
number of packets correctly decoded is actually much smaller than the
number of packets sent.

I also tried to enable the two disabled blocks in the files but it is of no
help.

Thanks for any comments.

link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ndrtide1g73u5ju/grc_ofdm_rx.grc?dl=0