thanks rich. I think at this point its some ghost-in-the-machine file or
config that's outside the pybombs directory. That makes little sense
because pybombs should be self-contained, therefore when i delete the
pybombs and target directories it should not have any difference. That
being said, it's just not working.

i'm going to re-install ubuntu and follow the directions that Iluta sent
 me. Her instructions seem to also have details on fixing the fosphor
issues i was having which was what started this whole mess in the first
place.

thanks,
-b