Greetings,

We are happy and excited to finally announce GNU Radio Conference 2015!
GRCon15 is the next installment of the fastest growing SDR-focused
conference in the world.  GRCon is becoming the go-to event for for
beginners, advanced users, and core developers to exchange ideas and
information related to SDR.

Here are some brief details:

*Dates & Location*

There are several other conferences occurring in September this year.  To
avoid conflicts with those, we’ve decided to hold the conference on *August
24-28*, a bit earlier than last year.

While it has taken us some time to settle on a venue that is a good match
for this event, it was time well spent and we are very excited about the
result. The conference will be held at the Center for Strategic &
International Studies
<http://csis.org/files/publication/131205_external_conferencing_brochure_web.pdf>
in Washington DC.  Counting the areas designated for vendor booths, demos,
and hands-on-tutorials, the total event space is ~3 times larger than the
venue used for GRCon14.  This modern venue gives us plenty of room for
growth and comfort, is conveniently accessible by DC Metro, and is located
near many hotels and notable landmarks.

We expect about 250 attendees this year.

*The Program*

This conference is focused on practical deployment of SDR, with a heavy
focus on professional interaction and exchange.  Here’s a rough overview of
what we are planning:

   -

   An agenda packed with sessions on exciting & unique applications, new
   SDR hardware, and tutorials on new features
   -

   Several hands-on tutorials from beginner level through advanced (e.g.,
   FPGA targeting)
   -

   Multiple networking events
   -

   Working groups and hackerspaces
   -

   Vendor booths, demos, and more...

*Call for Presentations and Tutorials*

If you would like to showcase your latest work with GNU Radio and
software-defined radio please submit an abstract
<https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=grcon15>.  This year, we are using
EasyChair to facilitate review and selection.  You will need to create an
account, which takes a few minutes.  The submission period will close
on *Friday,
May 8, 2015.*

*Call for Sponsors*

The year-over-year growth of GRCon since 2012 is a testament to the success
and drive of this community.  If you are in the business of
software-defined radio, do not miss out on this great opportunity to
showcase your products and services.  If you are interested in sponsoring
GRCon15, please contact us directly.

A preliminary agenda, conference info, and registration will be posted on
the web in the coming weeks.  In the meantime, help us spread the word!

Best Regards,

John Malsbury

Michael Dickens

Tom Rondeau