On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 11:45 PM, bob wole <bnw...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Hi Tom,
>>>
>>> Thanks for the links. I am targeting Turbo Codes mainly for short frame
>>> size. I found one presentation on turbo codes
>>>

>>> http://gnuradio.squarespace.com/storage/grcon14/presentations/Sep18_02_Karra_TurboCodes.pdf
>>>
>>> but I could not find its source code in gnuradio. Are Turbo codes
>>> implemented in gnuradio? if yes, in which version can I find it? One more
>>> question, I am targeting short frame length burst, currently which FEC in
>>> gnuradio can give me best gain in this case?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Bob
>>>

>> Bob,
>>
>> Yes, Kiran's TPC work has been integrated as of 3.7.7.1. (I even pointed
>> out the links to the manual pages for the tpc_encoder and tpc_decoder
>> above.)
>>
>> Tom
>>

> Thanks Tom,
>
> I am going to test them soon for my bursty system :) Lets see how it works.
>
> --
> Bob

Hi list,

gnuradio version 3.7.7.1
ubunutu 14.04 32-bit

I am trying to use gr-fec and I am having issues running examples located
in gnuradio/gr-fec/examples/

When I run ber_test.grc I get following error

Using Volk machine: avx_32_mmx_orc
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/gnuradio/gr-fec/examples/ber_test.py", line 267, in <module>
    tb = ber_test()
  File "/home/gnuradio/gr-fec/examples/ber_test.py", line 159, in __init__
    self.fec_extended_encoder_0 =
fec.extended_encoder(encoder_obj_list=enc, threading='capillary',
puncpat="puncpat")
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/fec/extended_encoder.py",
line 64, in __init__
    self.blocks.append(fec.puncture_bb(len(puncpat), read_bitlist(puncpat),
0))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/fec/bitflip.py",
line 47, in read_bitlist
    if int(bitlist[i]) == 1:
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'p'

>>> Done (return code 1)

When I run tpc_ber_curve_gen.grc I get following error

Using Volk machine: avx_32_mmx_orc
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/gnuradio/gr-fec/examples/tpc_ber_curve_gen.py", line 450, in
<module>
    tb.start()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/gr/top_block.py",
line 106, in start
    top_block_start_unlocked(self._impl, max_noutput_items)
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/gr/runtime_swig.py", line
4860, in top_block_start_unlocked
    return _runtime_swig.top_block_start_unlocked(*args, **kwargs)
RuntimeError: boost::thread_resource_error: Resource temporarily unavailable

>>> Done

fecapi_async_decoders.grc runs without any errors.

Any Ideas what could be wrong ?

--
Bob