Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 09:43:24 +0200
From: marcus.muel...@ettus.com
To: discuss-gnuradio@gnu.org
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Additional code to GRC flowgraph

    Try the block search (magnifier button in GRC), type in "import" :)

    On 07/06/2015 09:33 AM, Daniel Brogren
      wrote:

      Hi again

        I have a MPSK SNR Estimator Probe and a Function Probe that
        calculates the SNR.

        I can not find any information regarding "import" block.

        BR

        Daniel Brogren

        > Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2015 18:46:12 +0200

          > From: marcus.muel...@ettus.com

          > To: discuss-gnuradio@gnu.org

          > Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Additional code to GRC
          flowgraph

          > Hi Daniel,

          > if your code really just looks like

          > from awesometoolkit import skynet

          > skynet.kill_sarah()

          > you can put that into an "import" block.

          > But: what you describe doesn't sound like you want to
          modify the top

          > block -- it sounds more like you'd want a block to
          calculate SNR, and

          > every f_sample*3 samples change some other block.

          > Now, this completely depends on the block where the freq.
          offset is

          > used, but you can just write a block (in python or C++,
          only matters for

          > performance), and give that block an message output port,
          and send

          > messages containing the changed parameter to the block
          that needs

          > adjustment.

          > If you take a look at the frequency xlating fir filter
          block, it has a

          > message port named "freq", which takes in PMT messages in
          form of

          > tuples; these tuples must be of the form

          > pmt.pair(pmt.intern("freq"), pmt.from_double(123.131) )

          > Best regards,

          > Marcus

          > On 07/03/2015 04:27 PM, Daniel Brogren wrote:

          > > Hi

          > > I'm working with a receiver application in GNU Radio
          Companion. I would like to add some additional code to the top
          block but I still want to be able to work with the GRC. Is
          there a way to add this extra code without the code will be
          removed when I re-generate the flowgraph from GRC

          > > or

          > > Could I create a new block that can access the
          variables in the top block or can execute the set/get
          functions for the variables in the top block.

          > > What I'm trying to accomplish is that every 3rd
          second I will check the SNR and then do som trimming of a
          freq-offset. I'm a newbie with GNU Radio and Python but have
          read through the guided tutorials.