Thank you for the examples and the explanation.
I believe I understand. Sticking with a square wave or anything that
involves a sinc envelop will always raise the spectrum.
Is there something that I can transmit that won't let this occur? Perhaps
something that will peak in a specific area in the FFT. Sorry if the
question might seem elementary, my understanding of signals does not go
very far. To be clear, I want to know if I can display a graph that will
show a peak a certain region due to a detection of signal.