On Mon, 10 Aug 2015 at 12:30 Marcus Müller <marcus.muel...@ettus.com> wrote:

> [snip]

Thanks for the very detailed explanation, Marcus.  I think quite a bit of
my trouble here is relating GNU Radio terminology to hazily-remembered
signal processing courses I took fifteen years ago and haven't used a whole
lot since.

So, using a rational resampler at 4x decimation, with no separate aliasing
filter and the 'Filter taps' parameter left empty will mean that there will
be aliasing in the resulting down-sampled data.  Have I understood you
right?  I need to provide filter taps to get an anti-aliasing filter as
part of the resampler block?

Thanks again,
Tom