Hey Michael, Hey Kevin, Hey all,

thanks for your help!
I found that by specifying the python version I want to use when running the
file, everything works fine. Like this:

python2.7 if_else_mod.py

This would be acceptable for me, however, I decided to do some of the stuff you
suggested. I get the following output when running env:

Patricks-iMac:~ patrick$ env
TERM_PROGRAM=Apple_Terminal
SHELL=/bin/bash
TERM=xterm-256color
TMPDIR=/var/folders/3j/qy7_9bpx29g_nf_ymbkw_td00000gn/T/
Apple_PubSub_Socket_Render=/private/tmp/com.apple.launchd.11PeMdZFpD/Render
TERM_PROGRAM_VERSION=343.7
TERM_SESSION_ID=1FC9A988-7B1E-4869-95D3-5FF71F9942F7
USER=patrick
SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/private/tmp/com.apple.launchd.0PyXsYlSwi/Listeners
__CF_USER_TEXT_ENCODING=0x1F5:0x0:0x3
PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/opt/X11/bin
PWD=/Users/patrick
DBUS_LAUNCHD_SESSION_BUS_SOCKET=/private/tmp/com.apple.launchd.dJkzL2MOo1/unix_domain_listener
LANG=de_DE.UTF-8
XPC_FLAGS=0x0
XPC_SERVICE_NAME=0
SHLVL=1
HOME=/Users/patrick
LOGNAME=patrick
DISPLAY=/private/tmp/com.apple.launchd.KWH6aSklFz/org.macosforge.xquartz:0
_=/usr/bin/env

I see that I only have a PATH variable set, but no PYTHONPATH. And
/opt/local/bin seems to be the first in place?! With

Patricks-iMac:bin patrick$ pwd
/usr/bin
Patricks-iMac:bin patrick$ ./py
pydoc             python            python2.6-config  pythonw
pydoc2.6          python-config     python2.7         pythonw2.6
pydoc2.7          python2.6         python2.7-config  pythonw2.7

I see that I have even more python installs. Now I ran

Patricks-iMac:bin patrick$ which python
/usr/bin/python
Patricks-iMac:bin patrick$ port select --list python
Available versions for python:
        none (active)
        python26-apple
        python27
        python27-apple

So terminal normally would run "python" (didn’t look up the version). And
MacPorts?
All this is what comes out of a clean OS X 10.9 install with an update to 10.10
and then a GNURadio install via MacPorts. Didn’t try yet to change one of the
env variables or use the 'sudo port select python python27‘ command. What would
your suggestions now be? What I don’t understand is why I have to tell MacPorts
to use python2.7, if in fact I want to tell that to my terminal?

Thanks & Regards
Patrick