On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 4:33 PM, Achilleas Anastasopoulos <anas...@umich.edu
> wrote:

> I have installed ctrlport and playing around with it.
>
> What a great piece of work! thanks guys!

Thanks!

> I am running an application (cdma_txrx from my gr-cdma module)
> and I notice that with ctrport enabled it crashes, while without it works
> perfectly.
>
> With ctrport I get the following message that hints at what may be going
> wrong:
>
> gr::log :INFO: controlport - Apache Thrift: -h jefe.eecs.umich.edu -p
> 59556
> gr::log :WARN: flat_flowgraph - Block (chopper0) max output buffer set to
> 6656 instead of requested 8192
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/anastas/gr-cdma/apps/cdma_txrx.py", line 587, in <module>
>     main()
>   File "/home/anastas/gr-cdma/apps/cdma_txrx.py", line 582, in main
>     tb.Start(True)
>   File
> "/usr/local/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/grc_gnuradio/wxgui/top_block_gui.py",
> line 74, in Start
>     self.start()
>   File
> "/usr/local/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/gnuradio/gr/top_block.py", line
> 109, in start
>     top_block_start_unlocked(self._impl, max_noutput_items)
>   File
> "/usr/local/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/gnuradio/gr/runtime_swig.py",
> line 5611, in top_block_start_unlocked
>     return _runtime_swig.top_block_start_unlocked(r, max_noutput_items)
> RuntimeError: block lookup failed! block not found!
> Exception in thread Thread-1 (most likely raised during interpreter
> shutdown):Exception in thread Thread-2 (most likely raised during
> interpreter shutdown):

Ugh, that's ugly. When a block is put into the flowgraph, it gets
registered with the global_block_registry that will map from the block's
alias to the actual pointer. This is done to have pointers to block objects
managed internally by the system and user-level code never talks directly
to them but only through the alias. This is supposed to be safer!

It looks like something is getting registered or at least ControlPort
thinks that a block's alias exists in the flowgraph, but when it tries to
actually look it up in the block registry, it's not there.

Hopefully this gives you enough of a clue where to look next.

> when i run it without contrlport i still get the warning
>
> gr::log :WARN: flat_flowgraph - Block (chopper0) max output buffer set to
> 6656 instead of requested 8192
>
> but the application runs fine.
>
> Can someone suggest what the problem may be, and how to get around it?
>
> thanks
> Achilleas

We'd have to look closer at that warning and how you're setting the block
up. That's strange that it'd force it to 6656 instead of a nice power of
two -- unless that warning message is backwards?

Tom