I don't have anything here. Maybe someone in Las Vegas could capture one of the test stations. I'm not exactly sure of the frequencies, but one source says channels 18 and 45.

BTW, you put an extra "s" in your link. Should be:

http://www.coolsdrstuff.blogspot.com/

Ron

On 12/30/2015 05:27 PM, Henry Barton wrote:
Ron, do you have any IQ files of ATSC 3 for us to try out?

    I agree with you that ATSC 3 may be met with resistance. Another
    big switchover would upset a lot of people, even though this may
    finally make DTV as dependable as analog. I've described some
    alternative TV encoding schemes on my blog,
    www.coolssdrstuff.blogspot.com
    <http://www.coolssdrstuff.blogspot.com>,  that might work better
    than ATSC 3. They employ DSSS, so multiple services can share a
    channel, and even co-exist with analog.

    Sent from Windows Mail

    *From:* Tom Rondeau <mailto:t...@trondeau.com>
    *Sent:* ?Wednesday?, ?December? ?30?, ?2015 ?4?:?30? ?PM
    *To:* Colby Boyer <mailto:colby.bo...@gmail.com>
    *Cc:* discuss-gnuradio@gnu.org <mailto:discuss-gnuradio@gnu.org>

    On Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 4:20 PM, Colby Boyer
    <colby.bo...@gmail.com <mailto:colby.bo...@gmail.com>> wrote:

        Thanks for response Tom and Ron.

        I'll take a crack at improving the ATSC decoder efficiency
        first, just
        to get my feet wet with GNURadio again. Tom, are there test
        vectors
        available for the ATSC 1.0 decoder?

        Whether or not ATSC 3.0 will ever be a thing... I agree with
        what Ron
        has said, and I don't know if it will ever succeed. But with that
        said, ATSC 3.0 has a better chance in existing in NA as opposed to
        DVB-T2.

        Colby

    Colby,

    It's been a while since I've looked at it, but we keep this file
    in our set of data:

    http://gnuradio.org/data/atsc_ref_data_low_snr_6.4Msps.16sc

    If that doesn't work for you, I can get you a good snapshot that
    I've used myself just captured locally off air. We don't have a
    good "pure" test signal lab generated or anything, though.

    Tom

        On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 5:01 PM, Ron Economos
        <w...@comcast.net <mailto:w...@comcast.net>> wrote:
        > ATSC 3.0 is very much like DVB-T2, so at least for the
        transmitter, you can
        > use many of the DVB-T2 blocks in gr-dtv as a starting point
        for your
        > development.
        >
        > I'm definitely in wait and see mode on this standard. This
        is pure
        > speculation, but I have a feeling that ATSC 3.0 may never
        see the light of
        > day. Some reasons are:
        >
        > 1) There will be no second channel and no government funded
        converter box
        > program like the analog to digital (ATSC 1.0) transition.
        Unless the FCC

        (http://atsc.org/standards/candidate-standards/),