On 03/03/2016 11:10 AM, Simon Olvhammar wrote:
Ok thanks, so it's a limit in the RFNoC software and not related to Ettus FPGA hardware or something like that? I dont see that limit in regular GNURadio and 8192 channels works fine, isnt the packet size also max 9000 there?
Simon
Martin/Jonathan could comment on FPGA limits--I don't think anything larger than 2048 is actually implemented, but I don't see what one couldn't internally compute a larger FFT in the FPGA, being careful to consider resources.

In regular GNU Radio, FFTs are being computed on the host PC, there's no packet-size limitation. The limit in RFNOC is due to the way data are packetized between the X310 and the host PC. Since there's no current mechanism for splitting FFTs across multiple VITA frames, you're limited to what you can do in a single ethernet-layer frame.