Note that the benchmark_rx/_tx example is really a bit old, and I always
try to steer people away from it towards the newer OFDM examples that
are far more flexible and behave a lot more like a real system would.

Have a look at the ofdm_loopback.grc example; you can replace the
(channelmodel->throttle) by a USRP sink and source. Tadah! Live demo.

Best regards,
Marcus