Hi,

For those interested, these problems were partially solved by selecting a
sample rate for the USRP more carefully.

When setting the USRP N210 to sample at 8 MHz, I was getting a message like
this:

UHD Warning:
    The hardware does not support the requested RX sample rate:
    Target sample rate: 8.000000 MSps
    Actual sample rate: 7.692308 MSps

To my detriment I assumed the 'Actual sample rate' would be OK, because
even though it was not a nice number,
it was a higher one. It breaks everything though. If anyone can quickly
comment on why this happens, or how to get
a list of my hardware's 'supported RX sample rates', it would be
appreciated. Otherwise I can post to the USRP list.

After some guessing, I found this warning disappears when I pick 10 MHz
instead of 8 MHz. Additionally, the
802.15.4 PHY block can decode packets at this rate, and my 2 channel
receiver works with the increased rate as well.

Concerning Bastian's transceiver block:
I ran a short experiment to compare the performance of the MM Clock
Recovery block with the Polyphase clock
sync block, but it turns out the MM block had a lower packet error rate.
Details here:
https://github.com/tomx4096/rf_experiments/blob/master/802phyblock/README

Thanks for reading,
Tom