Yeah, I hear you, issue for us is we are on el6 for at least a couple more
years as it's what our primary customer uses so all our other tools are
built to it. Sofar I ripped deps from the windows build and have compiled
most of them along with current GCC. Making decent progress(working a
couple hours a week on it), when I'm done I should be able to post said big
nasty bash script. However I didn't think of a chrooted modern distro, I
know there was some docker work going on. That shouldn't take any real
performance penalty so may be a way to go if a chrooted Ubuntu doesn't crap
out with a 2.6 kernel.

-Anon