Hi Antonio,

> Could you tell me how can I solve the problem with the offset between
> the DPSK mod and demod?
Use a BER analysator with some kind of large window. In effect, I'd just
write the raw send symbol stream to a file, do the same with the receive
symbol stream, and calculate the error offline, if I hadn't had packets.

> Likewise, as you say, I am using a packet-based transmission.
That makes BER a bit of a "secondary issue", doesn't it? Packets have
checksums, and for all packets that contain bit errors, there's
(hopefully) a high probability the checksum will be wrong, and the whole
packet needs to be considered lost. Also, assuming symbol errors are
equally likely for all symbols in a packet, you should be able to derive
a PDF for the number of wrong bits per wrong packet, based on AWGN –
yeah, it's that stuff from digital comm basics :)

Anyway, having packets makes the whole measuring a lot easier; you'll
need to write a block that buffers both the send packets and the receive
packets. I don't know your packet format, but it possibly has a packet
number. Use that packet number to delete received packets from the send
packet buffer. If a packet is broken, reconstruct its number from the
next/previous successfully received packet. Note down the correct
received packets as successfull bits, and count the missing and broken
packets.

Best regards,
Marcus