This was a very helpful introduction to hierarchical blocks.  One thing I
am unclear on is how a parameter in a hier block is controlled via the top
block.  For example suppose I have a moving average block inside my hier
block and I want the number of averages to be defined from the top block.
Within the hier block I have a parameter block with the ID 'avgLength' and
the moving average block has a length of 'avgLength' and a scale of
'1.0/avgLength'.  How do I pass the value of avgLength from the top block
into the parameter of the hier block?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

-Ed