Hello all,

I have been trying to perform ranging between nodes using time-of-arrival
of signals. To this end, I am trying to transmit an accurately timed pulse
using the USRP. My initial experiment simply sends out a 100 ms burst every
1 sec. I am then recording this signal using NI PXIe-5663 front end for
analysis. Everything is working out fine, except that I am seeing some wild
transients at the beginning of the burst for several nanoseconds.

I am attaching some plots that show this behavior at
http://imgur.com/a/C0Ynq. The falling edges of the burst are very sharp. I
would like to get something like that on the rising edge too.

In another post on the list (
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2012-06/msg00312.html),
Josh said that "*If you are seeing transients at the beginning of a burst,
thats probably the half band filters. They are implemented in block ram and
don't clear **between bursts.*"

Is this the reason I am seeing these transients? Is there anything I could
do to correct this?

Thanks,
Lakshay.