On Sun, Oct 2, 2016 at 2:40 PM, Cinaed Simson <cinaed.sim...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 10/01/2016 04:46 PM, Juan Antonio wrote:
> > Hello, someone would know how to calculate the impulse response of a
> > COFDM, DVB-T channel with an SDR device?
> >
> > Thank you in advance

> An inverse DFT on a sinc function in the frequency domain yields a sine
> function in the time domain. And a DFT on the sine function in the time
> domain yields a sinc function in the frequency domain.

No, the DFT of a sine function is an impulse. More formally, a Dirac delta
function.

The sinc function is the result of a truncated sine wave where the sine
wave is multiplied by a square wave. The DFT of a square wave is a sinc, so
with a truncated sine wave in the time domain, you are convolving a sinc
with a delta function in the frequency domain.

Tom