You should never see "S"s, which indicate sequence errors
<https://files.ettus.com/manual/page_usrp_x3x0_config.html#x3x0cfg_hosthw_troubleshooting>
in
the UHD  driver (not GNU Radio). You'll want to solve that problem before
trying to use gr-ieee802_15_4, I think.

Have you gone through the system configuration process for the X310
<https://files.ettus.com/manual/page_usrp_x3x0_config.html>, especially the
MTU settings? Do you see sequence errors if you just use the
`benchmark_rate` example in UHD or other GNU Radio applications?

Cheers,
Ben