On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 8:28 AM, Mehmeto <mehmetozcel...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  I would like to control the variables in realtime of a GNU Radio Flowgraph
> (like Sampling Rate, Center Frequency, Demodulator type etc.) from a
> Webpage
> or external application.
> I imagine that we need a webserver/ external application that communicates
> with the Flowgraph.
> Which type of GNU Radio  blocks are suitable for this job?
> ZeroMq, XmlRPC, Control port ?
>
> I have checked out ShinySDR but i uses GNU Radio simulated blocks as
> plugins. (Not directly Flowgraphs)

ShinySDR author here, since you mentioned it. You're right that there's no
explicit plugin interface for an arbitrary flowgraph, but if you wanted to
you could certainly use ShinySDR's "exported state" framework for your own
work — it doesn't care whether the object is a block or a top block or even
just some arbitrary Python class with nothing to do with GNU Radio.

If you have code in the style that GRC generates, all you need to do to
make it compatible is add the ExportedState mixin superclass and annotate
the getter methods with @exported_value and setters with @setter.

Replacing ShinySDR's standard flowgraph with yours is a little bit trickier
because of assumed details like the UI layout, audio streaming interface,
and so on, but I can think of a couple routes to do something good enough
and I think making that more straightforward would actually fit well into
my development plans. Let me know if you're still interested.