From: Discuss-gnuradio
<discuss-gnuradio-bounces+f.trejotrevino=jacobs-university...@gnu.org> on
behalf of Marcus Müller <marcus.muel...@ettus.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 7:02:35 PM
To: discuss-gnuradio@gnu.org
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Measure and record the phase at the receiver

Hi Fernando!

On 03/22/2017 06:51 PM, Trejo Treviño, Fernando Alberto wrote:

Hi Marcus!

I am implementing a transmitter and a receiver model using two USRP N210s. Both
are using GFSK modulation, and the data is transmitted at 2.4 GHz.

Cool :)

I would like to add a phase shift at the transmitter side via the use of a
multiplier block with an exponential.

Ah, so a multiply_const with a constant of
$e^{j\frac{2\pi}{f_\text{sample}\varphi}$, yeah.

Then, at the receiver I would like to receive this transmitted signal and check
if the phase matches the one that was transmitted. This is why I need a
measuring method.

Well, you can't see absolute phase without further ado – that would need your
TX and RX to be phase-synchronized (you don't know the electrical length
between your transmitter and receiver, it's absolutely random by itself).

Best regards,
Marcus