You could give SoapyHackRF [1] a try. From the discussions [2-4] it looks
like the Tx/Rx switching is fixed, allowing to put a source and sink block
simultaneously in a flowgraph.  The device can switch to RX mode once the
burst transmission is done. I am not sure about the Tx/Rx switching timing
issues/whether libhackrf makes sure that the entire packet is transmitted
or not.  You could also pad your packets with enough zeros to make sure
that the packet gets transmitted (Bastian's gr-foo [5] modules will be
helpful).

[1] https://github.com/pothosware/SoapyHackRF/wiki
[2] https://github.com/pothosware/SoapySDR/issues/34
[3] https://github.com/mossmann/hackrf/issues/221