Hello,

My application is written in Matlab. I have converted the Matlab code to C++
code using Matlab Coder. The original Matlab code has top level function, say
A_Func which calls multiple other functions, say B_Func and C_Func. Matlab
Coder dumps out three C++ functions; one each for A_Func, B_Func and C_Func.

I used gr_modtool utility to bring these C++ functions into GRC gui. I am able
see these custom blocks in the GRC gui and instantiate them as well.

The question I have is this: A_Func calls B_Func and C_Func. I don’t think I
can instantiate the three custom blocks directly in one GRC flow-graph. What
will happen to the function call made in A_Func for B_Func when A_Func custom
block is kicked off for execution by the GRC scheduler? Is there any way in GRC
to define hierarchical custom blocks?

One way to solve this issue is the have Matlab Coder dump all code in one C++
file and then simply create one giant custom block to instantiate in GRC gui.
Problem is that I won’t be able to debug in GRC gui very well (granularity of
probe points would be severally limited).

What is the best way to go about this?

Vipin

Sent from Mail for Windows 10