Hello Christian,

The RX gain value controls the analog gain of the USRP's receiver. If you
run uhd_usrp_probe on the command line you will see lines such as the
following which show the gain range and step size:

|   |   |       RX Dboard: A
|   |   |   ID: TwinRX v1.0 (0x0091)
|   |   |     _____________________________________________________
|   |   |    /
|   |   |   |       RX Frontend: 0
|   |   |   |   Name: TwinRX RX0
|   |   |   |   Antennas: RX1, RX2
|   |   |   |   Sensors: lo_locked
|   |   |   |   Freq range: 10.000 to 6000.000 MHz
|   |   |   |   Gain range all: 0.0 to 95.0 step 1.0 dB

For every dB of gain you add at the frontend you should see a 1 dB increase
in signal power amplitude. I recommend using uhd_fft or the USRP source,
Frequency Sink, and a Range widget controlling RX gain to look directly at
the signal. This should give you an intuitive sense of how RX gain affects
your signal amplitude.

>From your table it looks like you are trying to change the RX gain in steps
smaller than the USRP supports.

This document looks like a quick intro to power and voltage changes with dB.
https://neurophysics.ucsd.edu/courses/physics_120/A%20Practical%20Guide%20to%20Decibels.pdf