Hi George,

you could go into gnuradio/grc/blocks, change parameter.xml to have

                <option>
                        <name>Boolean</name>
                        <key>bool</key>
                        <opt>type:bool</opt>
                </option>

and then change grc/core/generator/flow_graph.tmpl and in the

    #for $param in $parameters

loop add an if type == "bool": clause that adds a binary option
(something with ..action="store_true", see [1]). great chance to
contribute :) .

Alternatively, just use an int parameter, and use bool(parameter_id)
whereever you need a true or false. You'll have to pass 0 for False, and
any other int for True, then.

Best regards,

Marcus

[1] https://docs.python.org/2/library/optparse.html#standard-option-actions