I have been trying to get Gnuradio companion up and running for a few months now with no success with the Pluto module. I have tried just about every version of Ubuntu on several computers. Some results have been better than others, but I have never gotten Gnuradio-companion to run with the Pluto module. I almost had it with 17.04, but never quite there.

Where are the instructions for loading and setting up Gnuradio-companion on Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS that include Pluto and other iio stuff from Analog Devices. The last page of instructions that I tried was:
https://www.gnuradio.org/blog/pybombs-the-what-the-how-and-the-why/
But, that did not work.

I would prefer to use Pybombs, but don't really care as long as I get a working system.
Thanks,
Ed