Dear Ed Troy:

Actually, I did re-test this with a PlutoSDR (I do have one unit at home,
although I do not usually carry this with me) and your flowgraph worked on
my PC + PlutoSDR once I reduced the sampling rate from 5MS/s to 2.5MS/s
(and adjusted the decim ratio accordingly). Could you try different FM
stations, different antennas, or different GNU Radio installations (maybe
try running this on different computers)?

One other thing that I would check is the sampling rate that the audio card
supports. I know 96kS/s is usually an acceptable value (and did work on my
PC), but maybe you should try 48kS/s instead.

I am also concerned about the two-clock problem between the PC and the
radio, but I still expect to get some audible sounds even in the worst case
scenario...

Regards,
Kyeong Su Shin