On 20 January 2018 at 18:06, Michael Dickens <michael.dick...@ettus.com>
wrote:

> Hi Sumit - OK good I'll take a look when I get a chance. In the meantime,
> 3 thoughts come to mind:
>
> 1) If done correctly, you don't need to modify GR at all. Your new
> constellation class is purely in your OOT (or, gr-ieee-802.11 in this
> case). You create the base class in your OOT & inherit from it in your OOT
> too. All is done in the OOT; easier that way, and you can add special
> methods as you see fit, and/or fix issues.

Yes I also believe so i.e. I mostly have to be inside OOT. May be to save
your time, I share this link with you where the author has discussed the
hacks he did with constellation class of gnuradio and made his own. I just
replicated them step by step. https://www.bastibl.net/constellation-objects/

> 2) In order for SWIG to do it's magic on a non-block base class &
> inheriting class, you need some special SWIG sauce. This might already be
> done in gr-ieee-802.11; I'll check when I get there. GR does it via a
> special file that's included into one of the main gr-digital .i SWIG files;
> for specifics see this file < https://github.com/gnuradio/
> gnuradio/blob/master/gr-digital/swig/constellation.i > & the top-level
> SWIG file for gr-digital here (at the very end) <
> https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/blob/master/gr-
> digital/swig/digital_swig0.i >.
>
> 3) There is already a method for handling soft decoding that you can
> overload if you want to: "calc_soft_dec" < https://github.com/gnuradio/
> gnuradio/blob/master/gr-digital/include/gnuradio/
> digital/constellation.h#L163 >. You might want to check it out instead of
> creating a new method.

Yes indeed, I know. I was thinking to get this issue solve. Doing so will
save me sending 10 more queries to the mailing list :)

--
Sumit Kumar