Jeff, thank you for your tips. Actually I was testing it with another flowgraph
and was in a rush to create this simple example, that's why I have fed
original signal to these blocks. That's obvious mistake, thank you for
pointing it out.   I have added sliders in order to change IQ imbalance
generator settings in real-time as you suggested, and I can see that "IQ
Balance Optimize" block is adjusting its settings. Unfortunately, the
output signal is terribly deformed. I guess this is the case mentioned by
Sylvain and Marcus, and this block cannot work with such signal. It is a pity.
Nevertheless, I appreciate help of all of you.   Have a nice day!  Dnia 31
stycznia 2018 21:25 Marcus D. Leech <mle...@ripnet.com> napisał(a):  On
01/31/2018 03:16 PM, Sylvain Munaut wrote:  Hi,   * You can just use 0.0 / 0.0
as the default. Those value are only  really used if you don't use the
message system and just want a fixed  / known manually set correction. Once the
first message is received,  those value are overwritten   * As stated the time
constant is in samples.   * The 'optimize' block only really works when
you have some narrow  band signals distributed around the spectrums. It will
fail  _miserably_ if you have a single wideband signal centered around DC  ...
 Cheers,        Sylvain  Indeed, I find that if I use the osmocom IQ-balance
code on radio  astronomy "signals" that it produces horrible results in
interferometry  applications, as   it never really "converges", and
adds significant long-time-scale  phase-noise, so I disable it.