Hello Sakshi,

great to hear that you are interested in improving the filter design tool!

Your proposal, however, still needs some work. Please read the
guidelines carefully, we have a list of specific information we need
from you without which we can't consider your proposal.

About your timeline: Please make that more detailed. A detailed timeline
can show us very well how clear your vision for the project is and how
much time you think you need for the different parts. I also have to say
that tests only appear in the last week of the coding phase. For the
code to be mergeable and maintainable, tests are an absolutely mandatory
requirement.

It would also be nice if you could expand your personal background
section a bit. What kind of projects did you already work on? Were they
related to DSP, and which programming language(s) did you use? Do you
maybe even have a GitHub account with relevant code? As the project idea
states, you will need a strong DSP background as well as good knowledge
of at least Qt or Python.

Best regards,
Felix

On 03/23/2018 07:10 AM, Sakshi Agrawal wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> This is Sakshi Agrawal, Graduated in Electronics Engineering. I have
> been following DSP industries. A few days back I ran into GSoC
> programme. I have seen some GSoC projects proposed by GNU radio in
> filter design. Having proper coding knowledge and strong DSP
> background from my undergraduate coursework I thought of contributing
> to GNU radio.
>
> The Filter and Design tool by GNU radio is already very neatly
> designed and contributing to that will be an experience. The current
> to-be-solve issues are to improve the ease of using the tool, add more
> functionality and more support for filter design.
>
> "This project is to improve our uses of these tools and blocks to make
> it more obvious to the users as well as automate some of the decisions
> for optimally using them."
>
> Here are some thoughts which I think will be an extra feature to
> consider (may or may not be necessary) :
>
> 1. Tip the user when selection is to be made. Also, automate some
> obvious decisions.
>
> 2. Implement a tool that can save the current results into a file and
> also can import the existing file/plot which further can be used in
> other work or can be modified as per user requirement.
>
> 3. Implement a bidirectional support to graph or plot i.e. plot can be
> changed by values and also by a hand tool user can tweak the plot
> which will give desired values.
>
> 4.Implement a slider which changes the plot as the user slides on the
> values
>
> 5. Add support to more filter design and new filter specs
>
> Specifically, I want to contribute to a module can be integrated to GR
> and gives a new functionality/concept like adding support for
> cascading filter.
>
> Two  filter design concepts:
>
> 1. Add more support for Cascaded filters
>
> 2. Better support for creating PFB filters
>

> I have been working on my proposal[0]. I would request you to go
> through it and point out any flaw that I should know or some general
> suggestions to make it better.
>
> Best
> Sakshi Agrawal
>
> [0]https://github.com/sakshi18agrawal1/documents/blob/master/Sakshi_GSoC2018.pdf