On 05/02/2018 10:56 AM, John Ferguson wrote:

GNU Radio CPU > CUDA CPU > CUDA GPU > CUDA CPU > GNU Radio CPU

So depending on what kind of latency you can handle, this may or may not work for you. I'm assuming that the GPU question is not directly related to the recording question.
One of the perennial issues that comes up with interfacing real-time DSP flows to GPUs is that they don't do well "in the middle" of a high-speed flow-- the setup costs are too high to sustain real-time data flow, even if the aggregate CPU cycles are impressively large.

There are specific tasks that seem to work well--like the way Fosphor uses the GPU to do pretty much *the entire DSP chain*, terminating in the actual graphics hardware. I suspect other flows, where it's high-speed in one end and and "dribble" out the other will also work. But any flow where the GPU is "in the middle" of a high-speed flow continues to be really hard to make work.

I have an FX correlator flow for radio astronomy running on Odroid XU4s. It could probably do 2 or 3 times the bandwidth if I could

(A) Move most of it to the GPU
(B) The Odroid GPU wasn't largely garbage...

Oh well....

I hope that helped.

John