Hi, I am new to the gnuradio environment..so please forgive me... I have an
USRP B200 and I am looking to save to a file I & Q samples of bursty, random
(ALOHA) messages sampled at high rate, for furter processing (in a repeatable
fashion). Of course it is not possible to save 15--20 mminutes of data at
50MSPS, but using something like a "valve" (deprecated in GRC) it vould be
possible:

   1) to detect in real time the burst data transmission

   2) to open the valve towards a file sink

   A separate file could be used to record timestamp and/or length of data
blocks recorded

   Looking at  GRC I haven't found any useable block to build a valve used at
run time based on a threshold (e.g. output of a filter to detect the TX random
signal) . Could anybody help?

   Thanks a lot