Rensi,

I have never run into this problem.  What happens if you physically
disconnect the USRP and boot the device?

This has to be a driver problem as obviously GNURadio isn't running when
your are just logging in.  Sounds like a problem between the UHD drivers
and the USB chipset.

Boot in safe made and remove the drivers, then try a reinstall.  Which
version of the GNURadio installer are you using?  There is a recent version
posted that has recent UHD drivers (don't recall this moment which ones)

Geof