On 06/12/2019 09:08 AM, Sara Kim wrote:
Okay, thanks! Is it possible to use the included file meta sink instead, and get what I need out of it? Also, I wanted to include the frequency at which data was collected. How would I include that information?
https://www.gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen-3.7.4.1/page_metadata.html

If your source provides a frequency tag, and all your blocks are tag-preserving, the file meta-sink will include that tag information in the
  file.

On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 1:06 PM Marcus D. Leech <patchvonbr...@gmail.com <mailto:patchvonbr...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    On 06/11/2019 09:22 AM, Sara Kim wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I'm very new to gnu radio. I have gnu radio companion running in
    > Ubuntu on a VM via VirtualBox. I'm using a USRPB200. I'm not
    > understanding how I take the raw IQ data received by my USRP
    B200 and
    > output it into a file that's in the VITA 49 format within gnu radio
    > companion. There are some file sinks available within gnu radio
    > companion, but they don't seem to be what I am looking for, or
    are they?

    > Thanks!
    > Sara

    None of the file sinks product VITA-49 format, although there may be
    module "out there" that does that.

    I'm going to guess that very few people need VITA-49 as a file
    format,
    so it's never been added to core Gnu Radio functionality.

Sara Kim
University of Maryland, Class of 2020
A. James Clark School of Engineering, B.S Electrical Engineering
443-745-9890 | skim3...@gmail.com <mailto:skim3...@gmail.com>
linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sarakim31/