Hi,

I think this behaviour may be due to the level into the Polyphase Clock
Sync block. The block expects a signal amplitude of 1 as explained in [1].

An AGC between the Correlate and Sync and the Polyphase Clock Sync blocks
might do the trick.

Cheers

Ernest

[1] https://destevez.net/2017/08/agc-for-gr-satellites/