I did extensive experimentation with this and it's tricky to get the timing
good enough with GPIO.

Like Gorkem says mic/line is a good option. You can connect an oscillator
and just send a tone in, filter this and then just send it as "SSB" as a
pure tone in SSB is just a carrier. You can also key a DC bias after the AC
coupling and generate the tone on software.

Good luck 73s Albin SM6WJM