Hi everyone,

I am Arpit Gupta, an Electronics and Communication undergraduate at the
Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee. I have been in touch with GNU
Radio for about a year now. I successfully participated in *GSoC'19* with *GNU
Radio*, building a *Block Header Parsing Tool*. More details regarding my
project can be found here <https://headerparser.wordpress.com/>. The *complete
code* can be found here <https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/pull/2750>.
I'm very interested to contribute again in GNU Radio this year. I have gone
through the GSoC ideas list and the project I'm interested in working on
the most is *GRC: View Only Mode (Secure).*
The project has a very strong security implication on the GRC (GNU Radio
Companion) as it would stop or ask for user permission before executing
arbitrary python code. For example, *Python Module Block* allows you to run
arbitrary python code*. *The idea here is to add *persistent cache* to the
*eval* operations that would enable users to *view a flowgraph* without
being executed. Persistent cache means information is stored in "permanent"
memory, so data is not lost after a system restart or system crash as it
would be if it is stored in cache memory.
I would definitely like to work a lot more on this project, so it will be
very helpful if I can get further guidance. I will be highly obliged.

Thanks.

Regards,
Arpit Gupta
Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee