Hello Quenten:

Just to elaborate a bit further:  If you did something that is suggested in the
example files, and failed to get your flowgraph working, it is probably because
your data is no longer frame-synchronized after the mod / demod blocks (yes,
that happens, both in simulations and in real-world environments), and error
correction codes usually require them to be frame-synchronized.  So, what you
will have to look into is frame sync or packet design.

Also, you will have to design your frames with your FEC algorithm in your mind.
Simple linear-algebraic algorithms, like Hamming code, will require you to set
your frame length to a multiple of some integer. Convolutional code
additionally requires you to pad some zeros to your frames, but I forgot the
details about it.

Regards,
Kyeong Su Shin

________________________________
보낸 사람: Kyeong Su Shin <kss...@postech.ac.kr>
보낸 날짜: 2020년 4월 28일 화요일 오전 12:23
받는 사람: Quenten . <quentenswit...@gmail.com>; discuss-gnuradio@gnu.org
<discuss-gnuradio@gnu.org>
제목: Re: How to add fec in GMSK

Hello Quenten:

You may want to look at some example codes at
https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/tree/maint-3.7/gr-fec/examples  (from
maint-3.7 branch since you are apparently using GR3.7).

Please note that most error correction codes require frame synchronization (at
least on real-world situations).

Regards,
Kyeong Su Shin
________________________________
보낸 사람: Quenten . <quentenswit...@gmail.com> 대신 Discuss-gnuradio
<discuss-gnuradio-bounces+ksshin=postech.ac...@gnu.org>
보낸 날짜: 2020년 4월 27일 월요일 오후 10:31
받는 사람: discuss-gnuradio@gnu.org <discuss-gnuradio@gnu.org>
제목: How to add fec in GMSK

Hello all,

I have previous posted a question concerning frame drops in GNU radio when
using GMSK.
(https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2020-04/msg00148.html)
On this mail someone answered that I should use OFMD (what I normally should
consider because this is better), but my prof told me to focus on GMSK and also
told me to include FEC. I know with one I should use, it is either the FEC
en-/decoder or the Extended FEC en-/decode, because I shall stream data cte.
So my question is how do you include this because I have tried but didn't
succeed.
In the file attached you will find the grc with the FEC en-/decoder. Help would
be appreciated.

Best regards,