Hi,

I am trying to import a large number of taps (1023) into a Decimating FIR
Filter, in order to repeat (as reference), a GRC experiment that was published
about four years ago.
The taps import method used at the time was numpy.genfromtxt(), that much is
clear.

I have tried using numpy.fromfile, numpy.genfromtxt and others in the Filter
block itself without success and have been looking for possible examples of
file import use in the 3.8.2.0 installed /example folders and elsewhere.
The filter taps do however populate directly from a GRC variable python list as
real(floats), [1,1, –1, 1,1 ....]
Firdes is operable and the python wrappers for filter design populate the taps
in much the same way.

The coefficient values are externally generated complex floats, but can be
easily converted into other numeric or delimited text formats, as BPSK coding
is being used. This much has been tried.

On a completely unrelated matter, I hope, the Filter Design Tool is inoperative.

I apologise if this is covering old ground again.
Regards,
David GD4FMB