Hi everyone,
I will be acquiring a frontend that could receive up to 2 Gsps. The
frontend has an FPGA that could host user-defined VHDL signal processing
RTL. It can also stream data directly to the CPU or GPU. I understand that
using the FPGA or the GPU could be quite efficient. BUT, I want the signal
processing functions done in the CPU whereby the waveform is processed in
GNU Radio (or other C++ implementations). I'm currently looking for a
computer that could handle this sample rate. What kind of specs do you
think I could look for (RAM, CPU frequency, cache size etc).? What specific
products would you recommend?

Regards,
Moses.