Hi

I would like for my students to install from PPA, gnuradio 3.9 under Ubuntu 18.04 (I prefer 3.9 which I could use for a longer term, if not possible I will switch to 3.8)

I made this numerous times under Ubuntu 20.04 but get the following issue for Ubuntu 18.04.

From installingGR page

  • To access the current released version (3.9), add the gnuradio/gnuradio-releases ppa (removing other gnuradio ppas if already configured)
  • $ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gnuradio/gnuradio-releases

First issue: ppa:gnuradio/gnuradio-master contains 3.9 for focal but 3.8 for bionic . This is not consistent with installingGR page

    3.9.0.0-0~gnuradio~focal-1
    3.8.2.0-0~gnuradio~bionic-1

then switched to ppa:gnuradio/gnuradio-master (also removed ppa:gnuradio/gnuradio-releases)

  • sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gnuradio/gnuradio-master
  • sudo apt-get update

then tried to install 3.9.0.0git~master~14059~bionic

  • sudo apt install gnuradio

which yield the second issue

  • Depend: libvolk2.2 (>= 2.2.0) uninstallable (message translated from french)

Tried to

  • sudo apt install libvolk : not found

Succeeded in installing libvolk2.3

  • sudo apt install libvolk2.3

But sudo apt install gnuradio continue failing

  • Depend: libvolk2.2 (>= 2.2.0) uninstallable (message translated from french)

Does anyone know how to install from PPA gnuradio 3.9 under Ubuntu 18.04 ?

regards, Christophe