Thank you Barry. Trying to follow your example. Here are 2 issues I
encountered, will be glad if you can have a look:

In the Tx, the flow seems to be running, but I don't see any signal, and
also I get the following error message:

handler caught exception: in method 'init_u8vector', argument 2 of type
'std::vector< uint8_t,std::allocator< uint8_t > > const &'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3/dist-packages/gnuradio/gr/gateway.py", line
78, in eval
    try: self._callback(arg)
  File "/home/.../epy_block_0.py", line 37, in handle_msg
    self.message_port_pub(pmt.intern('PDU_out'),
pmt.cons(pmt.PMT_NIL,pmt.init_u8vector(out_len,(char_list))))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3/dist-packages/pmt/pmt_swig.py", line 2775,
in init_u8vector
    return _pmt_swig.init_u8vector(k, data)
TypeError: in method 'init_u8vector', argument 2 of type 'std::vector<
uint8_t,std::allocator< uint8_t > > const &'
thread[thread-per-block[11]: <block Packet Format(3)>]: SWIG director
method error. Error detected when calling 'feval_p.eval'

do you know what could it mean?

In the Rx, since I'm using GNURadio 3.8, I replaced the Adaptive Algorithm
block with the CMA Equalizer block, and I'm wondering, should I also add a
Polyphase clock sync block before it?

Thank you,
Evgeny