My objective: In reference to the
https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/Packet_Communications#Using_BPSK_with_Hardware_Simulation_.28version_3.9.29
 tutorial: it sends packets but has dead time in-between, which may cause the
BPSK receiver to lose sync. I would like to fill the time (and stream) with an
idle code so there is always a signal for the receiver. My latest attempt to
use a Python Source block didn't work out - probably a timing problem or a lack
of understanding of the scheduler.

This Embedded Python block receives a stream input of idle bytes and a PDU
message input. It outputs the PDU message when received, otherwise it outputs
the idle bytes. However, the PDU data never appears downstream.

Note: this flowgraph uses AFSK instead of BPSK, but the objective is the same.

See https://pastebin.com/GJgnzjCP   Embedded Python block

https://pastebin.com/C6XVsCZx       AFSK flowgraph

Any help will be appreciated.

---