Hi Marcin,

Thanks again for your help! I was a little busy and finally got around to
looking at the two C++ fir filter documents you sent me.

I tried to design an OOT C++ FIR lowpass filter block based on my
understanding of these documents but my code shows error (squidly). In the
OOT C++ code, I included all the #include header files shown in the
documents. Then using the first document above for the lowpass design, I
wrote the following:
vector <float> lpfilter;
then, I defined all the filter parameters (give them value) and tried to
use the filter method:
lpfilter = gr::filter::firdes::low_pass(gain, sampling_freq, cutoff_freq,
transition_bandwidth,
fft::window::win_type
<https://www.gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/classgr_1_1fft_1_1window.html#a599d7e9625d6cc77203a8b877c4911e2>
window = fft::window::win_type::WIN_HAMMING, beta = 6.76);

This failed and showed a squidly across the line with
fft::window::win_type....! I also tried leaving off the gr::filter::firdes

nothing worked and I included the fft window header file!
Please send me code examples if you have any that shows how to use these
functions/methods.

One more question: on a search on the second document, it says the
remez filter_types
are: one of "bandpass", "hilbert" or "differentiator", I would have thought
lowpass filters would be included??

Thank you!

George

On Mon, Feb 14, 2022 at 12:05 AM Marcin Puchlik <m.puch...@is-wireless.com>
wrote:

> Hello George,
> Yes, there is. Check this out:
> https://www.gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/firdes_8h_source.html
> https://www.gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/pm__remez_8h.html
> BR,
> Marcin
>
> pon., 14 lut 2022 o 00:07 George Edwards <gedwards....@gmail.com>
> napisaƂ(a):
>
>> Hello GNURadio Community,
>>
>> I am designing a Gnuradio OOT block in C++. Are there firls and kaiser
>> filter methods (analogous to the scipy package methods that one would use
>> in Python OOT) that I can call to generate coefficients.
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> Regards,
>> George

  • Are there... George Edwards
    • Re: ... GNU Radio, the Free & Open-Source Toolkit for Software Radio
      • ... George Edwards
      • ... George Edwards
        • ... GNU Radio, the Free & Open-Source Toolkit for Software Radio
          • ... Vasil Velichkov