Hello, I need to use the latest version of UHD to work with my USRP image. The
version that comes with GNUradio will not work as it is not updated. I have the
latest version of UHD installed on my computer, but when installing GNUradio it
installs and uses the outdated and incompatible version of UHD. How can I
change GNUradio to use the version of UHD installed on my computer? I am
running Ubuntu 20 and was originally following the instructions sent by Ettus
Research attached to this email.

If you need any more information, please ask and thank you.

# Instructions for installing Volk + UHD + GNU Radio on Ubuntu 20.04
#########

cd
mkdir -p Software/Sources
cd Software/Sources

#########
# VOLK

sudo apt install git cmake g++ python3-dev liborc-0.4-dev liborc-0.4-0
git clone --recursive https://github.com/gnuradio/volk.git
pushd volk
git checkout v2.5.1
mkdir build
cd build
cmake ..
make
make test
sudo make install
sudo ldconfig
popd
# verify that this VOLK is working
# this takes a while ...
volk_profile

#########
# UHD
# https://files.ettus.com/manual/page_build_guide.html#build_dependencies_ubuntu

sudo apt install git cmake autoconf automake build-essential ccache
cpufrequtils doxygen ethtool g++ inetutils-tools libboost-all-dev libncurses5
libncurses5-dev libusb-1.0-0 libusb-1.0-0-dev libusb-dev python3-dev
python3-mako python3-numpy python3-requests python3-scipy python3-setuptools
python3-ruamel.yaml
git clone https://github.com/EttusResearch/uhd.git
pushd uhd
git checkout v4.2.0.1
mkdir build
cd build
cmake -DUHD_PYTHON_DIR=lib/python3.8/dist-packages
-DUSRP_MPM_PYTHON_DIR=lib/python3.8/dist-packages ../host
make
make test
sudo make install
sudo ldconfig
popd
# verify that this UHD is working
uhd_config_info --print-all

#########
# GNU Radio
#
https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php?title=UbuntuInstall#Focal_Fossa_.2820.04.29_through_Impish_Indri_.2821.10.29

sudo apt install git cmake g++ libboost-all-dev libgmp-dev swig python3-numpy
python3-mako python3-sphinx python3-lxml doxygen libfftw3-dev libsdl1.2-dev
libgsl-dev libqwt-qt5-dev libqt5opengl5-dev python3-pyqt5 liblog4cpp5-dev
libzmq3-dev python3-yaml python3-click python3-click-plugins python3-zmq
python3-scipy python3-gi python3-gi-cairo gir1.2-gtk-3.0 libcodec2-dev
libgsm1-dev pybind11-dev python3-matplotlib libsndfile1-dev python3-pip
libsoapysdr-dev soapysdr-tools libiio-dev libad9361-dev libspdlog-dev
python3-packaging python3-jsonschema
sudo pip3 install pygccxml pyqtgraph
git clone https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio.git
cd gnuradio