Hello,

I am attempting to create an OOT module called telemetry that receives
messages and does printf() when the message is received.  For now.

I am modeling it after your message_debug block found in gnuradio/blocks

It was working fine till I actually created the message functions.

It compiles and installs fine.  When I run gnuradio_companion no errors.

But when I execute my blocks I get this error:

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/dhelm/gr-sidekiq/examples/telemetry.py", line 34, in <module>
>     from gnuradio import sidekiq
>   File
> "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/gnuradio/sidekiq/__init__.py", line
> 18, in <module>
>     from .sidekiq_python import *
> ImportError: /usr/local/lib/libgnuradio-sidekiq.so.1.0.0: undefined
> symbol: _ZTVN2gr7sidekiq14telemetry_implE
>
> I understand that there is some undefined symbol called, but I can't tell
what it is from the name.  Is there a way to find out?

I ran into this issue when adding my message functions:

The message_debug has functions like:

*void message_debug_impl::print(const pmt::pmt_t& msg)*
*void message_debug_impl::store(const pmt::pmt_t& msg)*

These are defined in the *message_debug_impl.h* file.
But not in the *include/gnuradio/blocks/message_debug.h* file.

When I do that with my functions I get a compile time error that the
functions are not defined.  So I needed to add them to my
*include/gnuradio/sidekiq/telemetry.h* file.
Then I did bind and cmake, make, sudo make install

I compiled and installed it.  But when I actually run the block I get the
error listed above.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dave