Hi all:   I teach a course at USC on satellite ground communications that is a
lab-based class.

I would like to setup an intermittent transmission using a recorded beacon that
we have used before (in cfile format) to have them practice "catching signals"
using lab Spectrum Analyzers and SDRSharp tools in the lab.  I can get the
beacon transmitting continuously with its recorded waveform, however am not
familiar enough to figure what block structure to use to only intermittently
transmit this signal every 10 or 20 seconds.   Might there be some easy way to
do this?  Am using osmocom to transmit via bench top HackRF in closed lab room,
with a cfile recording.

Thanks so much!    Dave

Research Professor &
Director, Space Engineering Research Center
Department of Astronautical Engineering and Information Sciences Institute
https://www.isi.edu/centers-serc/
University of Southern California
4676 Admiralty Way, Suite 1001
Marina del Rey, CA  90292