sure, in wayland when creating a popup window is requested to provide a
parent window.
When creating a window for a submenu, I had to find a way to retrieve the
window of the parent menu, what the code does is:
1) get a NSWindow from windowid
2) get the NSMenu associated
3) get supermenu from the menu
4) get the window from the supermenu

to access the NSWindow [instance menu] I had to expose the
attribute previously private. Here the change
https://github.com/gnustep/libs-gui/pull/122/files

cheers,
Riccardo