I mostly haven’t chimed in here because others covered my points for me. But I
feel like reiterating what I said on stream the other night.

As a copyleft and GNU fan, it causes me deep emotional pin that we’re
considering targeting something other than GCC as our primary tool chain.

BUT

We are a small community and if we wish to grow that community, we need to
remove barriers. Focusing on feature complete LLVM/libobjc2 might do a lot of
this for us.

So I am, for now, in favour.

I felt the same about our move to GitHub. Actually, I felt more strongly about
the GitHub move. But again, I didn’t have the time to help with an alternative.

I do think it’s important for us to establish a rule as a community that we
don’t depend on LLVM specifics where it’s not absolutely necessary, so that
when GCC catches up we can switch back easily.

I am not currently able to do the work, but I hope to some day. And I want that
process to be easy.

Finally, I am willing to donate to a fund that brings GCC up to snuff. And even
do some of the work with a patient pair. If anyone put there is capable and has
an amount in mind, please discuss.

Cheers!

-Steven