Fred Kiefer wrote:
> > Am 07.01.2023 um 19:42 schrieb Yavor Doganov <ya...@gnu.org>:
> > But when build-testing packages with GUI 0.30.0 I came upon this
> > build failure of GDL2:
>
> Which version of GDL2 are you getting this warnings from? I think
> the code in question was removed more than ten years ago. But then
> the last release of GDL2 was 2009. Maybe a new release is required
> here?

It's 0.12.0.  GDL2 is in terrible shape in Debian, unfortunately.  We
would very much appreciate a new release in the closest future.

I don't think we can use a new GDL2 release now as it would be
incompatible with the version we have (which itself has a
Debian-specific SONAME -- we were forced to bump it some time ago
after a change that was necessary to build with new GNUstep).